Steve Herold has been working in film and television since graduating from the film program at New York’s School of Visual Arts.
His first short film H.R. PUKENSHETTE won Best Comedy at the Sick Puppy Film Festival in San Francisco, Best Comedy Short at Twisted Sinema in Toronto and a special Audience Award was created for it at the Highgate Film Festival in London.
His next short BUM RUNNER also took home the prize of Best Comedy Short at the Back East Film Festival in Hoboken.
In total, his films have screened at over 75 film festivals worldwide.
Frequent collaborators include Kevin Kolack (Blue Ruin), Joe Reitman (Money Monster), Sabrina Gennarino (The Walking Dead) and Rob Cantrell (Last Comic Standing).
He has also worked on numerous television programs including Killing Fields, Vet School, Shark Week, Celebrity Wife Swap, Donnie Loves Jenny, The Sorrentinos, Bugging Out and Preachers’ Daughters.
Praise for Steve’s films…
- “Genuinely Funny” – Marin Independent Journal
- “We love it!” – Film Threat
- “Stupid Fun” – Maxim magazine
- “Blissfully Inspired” – Shock Cinema magazine
- “Twisted… Hilarious” – Ain’t It Cool News
- “One of more interesting films I’ve seen (at Sundance)” – DVD Talk