Steve Herold has been working in film and television since graduating from the film program at New York’s School of Visual Arts.
His first short film H.R. PUKENSHETTE won Best Comedy at the Sick Puppy Film Festival in San Francisco, Best Comedy Short at Twisted Sinema in Toronto and a special Audience Award was created for it at the Highgate Film Festival in London.
The follow-up short BUM RUNNER took home the prize of Best Comedy Short at the Back East Film Festival in Hoboken. In 2018, his film DEATH OF AN UMBRELLA SALESMAN won Best Screenplay at the Sydney Indie Film Festival in Australia.
In total, his films have screened at over 75 film festivals worldwide.
Frequent collaborators include Kevin Kolack (Blue Ruin), Joe Reitman (Happy!), Sabrina Gennarino (The Walking Dead) and Rob Cantrell (The Last O.G.)
He has also worked on numerous television programs including Alone: The Beast, Killing Fields, True Life Crime, Vet School, Shark Week, Celebrity Wife Swap, Donnie Loves Jenny, and Preachers’ Daughters.
Praise for Steve’s films…
- “Genuinely Funny” – Marin Independent Journal
- “We love it!” – Film Threat
- “Stupid Fun” – Maxim magazine
- “Blissfully Inspired” – Shock Cinema magazine
- “Twisted… Hilarious” – Ain’t It Cool News
- “One of more interesting films I’ve seen (at Sundance)” – DVD Talk